Ultrasound Technologist - Part Time
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for providing ultrasounds to patients as prescribed by the referring physician according to established policies and procedures and ensuring quality and compassionate patient care.
The Ultrasound Technologist works under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Imaging & Radiation Services and Medical Director of Radiation Oncology & Imaging.
- Prepares room and equipment for all patients according to physician orders.
- Transfers patients safely to treatment table by physically assisting them, giving special care to catheters, IV drips, etc.
- Works with patient coordinators to appropriately schedule Ultrasound procedures relative to the condition and needs of the patient.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the Ultrasound work area.
- Directly responsible for daily evaluation of equipment and scheduling of repair and maintenance.
- Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical record and health care providers. Verifies the procedure requested or prescribed and reconfirms patient identification.
- Reviews charges daily for correct coding on diagnosis coding.
- Responsible for ensuring staff compliance in license renewal, continuing education, orientation and re-orientation.
- Communicates to Optima Diagnostic Imaging, Billing Dept, Administration and BHCC staff and outside facilities in a courteous, professional, and helpful manner. Communicates in an accurate and clear manner to share pertinent information. Is concise in both written and verbal information.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate articles, journals and related material and by attending seminars, conferences, etc.
2 Years of recent ultrasound work experience
The successful completion of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
Excellent computer skills and EMR knowledge